Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Super Colossal Blow Out Everything Must Go Fabric Sale

Every once in a while, I become fairly consumed by the fact that I have too much stuff. I don't like having all this stuff, though you could say I was raised that way. My mom and dad really like to have lots and lots of things, and while many of the things that fill their home are lovely, they are still, ultimately, a burden. Once upon a time, I never went to the library but purchased all my books, and kept every single one of them, as though some crappy paperback I could barely remember reading would someday be vital to my existence. ("My god, he's bleeding to death! What will we do?" "Don't worry—this ancient copy of  The Ruins by Scott Smith is the perfect weight to put pressure on the wound and staunch the bleeding!") I had six huge Ikea bookshelves stuffed to their limits with books before I finally decided to only keep the really important ones and donate the rest to the local library.

As for the rest of my home, there's too much of everything else there too. I have always wanted to live a more spare existence, having only the things I need and use regularly, and not hauling around from house to house a ton of things that I never actually use but can't bring myself to get rid of. I'm not ready to have my own show on A&E just yet, thank you.

Naturally, as a quilter, I have too much fabric. I won't say no to any that falls in my lap and I purchase too much of it without any clear idea of what I plan to do with it. And recently, I was looking through all my UFOs and have resolved not to start any new projects until I complete these. It's sounds goofy, but I would like to be a more mindful and less wasteful quilter.

And I'm broke. But, whatever.

I have gone through all my stash and removed the things that I feel I will probably never use and have put them into several bundles. I have fat quarter bundles, half-yard bundles, and yard bundles. I could sell these on eBay, but I'd rather try and sell them here first. Starting Monday, I will put several items up for sale here each weekday on the blog. There will be a Paypal button for each item that, hopefully, will gray out or something once the item is sold. I am going to add a standard mailing charge of $5.65 to each item, HOWEVER, if you think you may be purchasing more than one item, let me know in the notes to seller when you check out. I will group your items into one shipment and refund you any overage. The prices will all be below normal retail for quilt fabric, but how much below will vary according to what I think the fabric is worth and my fickle, fickle whims. All sales are final, and what doesn't sell here will be later sold on eBay.

I will do my best to describe each item as accurately as possible, if my smart mouth doesn't get in the way. I can't totally guarantee that the descriptions won't be just copied and pasted out of an ancient Sears catalog or a mail flyer from Jiffy Lube.

If I have forgotten any important details or you have any questions, just ask in the comments and I'll respond there.

See you Monday!


And, P.S. : Men. Quilts. Burritos. Find the Instamatic and put Chipotle on speed dial, people!

No comments: